Don't Settle for Ordinary - Unique Stone Cottage
Welcome to 13-15 Mudge Street, McLaren Vale, a beautiful stone cottage that exudes charm and character.
Built in 1880, 'Mrs Jarrad's Store' was situated in the eastern wing where she established a haberdashery shop with a millinery room out the back. The centre wing was her dwelling, and the western wing was the John Ferris Saddlery.
This unique property boasts three bedrooms and two bathrooms, making it perfect for families, couples, or anyone looking for a comfortable and characteristic living space.
Boasting a dining area plus meals it has an option for every occasion. Spacious kitchen with dishwasher, electric ceramic cooktop, dual ovens, Puratap and an abundance of cupboard space you're sure to impress with your culinary skills.
The lounge features exposed stone walls, bringing back yesteryear and a cathedral ceiling, adding character and warmth to the room. With doors leading out to the large undercover entertaining area, which is perfect for hosting gatherings, with plenty of space to socialise and enjoy the stunning views of the cottage garden. Whether you're entertaining guests or enjoying a quiet evening at home, this space is sure to impress.
Two bathrooms, each having its own water closet, and main with bath, ensures adequate space for the family, and friends visiting, or staying for the weekend.
The master suite has black butt floorboards, wall to wall built-in robes and French doors leading outside to the front veranda, creating a great spot to relax and take in the atmosphere. All bedrooms have built-in robes and currently off the second bedroom is an office/study set up.
A 3.18kW (approximately) solar panel system is installed, reducing your reliance on the grid and lowering your energy bills.
Located at the rear of the property is a separate dwelling/studio, with power, that has many options and perhaps could be used as a separate home office.
Enter the double garage via Jarrad Street, which also has space for the boat, van or extra vehicles.
What we love:
• Stunning stone cottage built in 1880
• Exposed stone walls in the lounge, adding character and warmth to the home
• Large undercover entertaining area with beautiful views of the cottage garden
• Zoned ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning
• Ceiling fans throughout
• Open fires, combustion heaters
• Beautiful cottage garden bursting with fruit trees and colourful flowers
• Double garage with automatic door for secure parking
• Double oven, electric ceramic cooktop, dual oven, dishwasher
• Additional separate dwelling/studio at the rear of the property
• Located in McLaren Vale, one of South Australia's premier wine regions
• Close proximity to local cafes, restaurants, and wineries
• Energy-efficient with 12 solar panels installed (3.18kW approximately)
Such a convenient, quiet location, short stroll to the Main Street of McLaren Vale, a mere 150m to Oxenberry Farm and 1km to Coles (approximately). Love the lifestyle, love the friendly community; you won't want to leave.
A stunning property that combines the character of yesteryear with modern conveniences. With so much charm and character this gorgeous cottage with a charming interior, is sure to impress.
If you would like to know more contact Chris - 0414 327 016.