Perched high on Alfs Road sits this magnificent, bespoke Blue Stone and timber home. Stunning views to Mt Cootha, Brisbane, Booroobin, Cooroy and Maleny are standard here. On entry you can’t help but notice the thought and love that has gone into the design and construction of this heartfelt and unique home.
The Blue Stone for construction of the home were sourced from the Beerwah Quarry while the Blue Stone for the studio construction was sourced locally from Hovard Road Quarry, when operational. Expansive and captivating mountain views can be seen through the arched, solid silky oak doors that once graced the entrance to the iconic MIM Building in Brisbane. Solid timber beams feature in the vaulted ceilings which were once part of the Newstead Wharfs. Oregon timber ceilings add to the warmth and character of this beautiful home. The stunning arched windows in the studio and home were sourced from the operating theatres of the old St Martins Hospital in Brisbane. The stunning parquetry floors are constructed from Duran timber and are a real feature of this unique home. Magnificent leadlight windows thoughout the home was designed by the owner and hand crafted by a Brisbane artist. If these walls could talk there would certainly be a tale to tell.
Features of the home include –
• Elegant arched timber door with blue vintage glass, sourced from an old church, graces the entry to this unique home
• The open plan living, kitchen and dining areas take your breath away. The mountain views go on forever through wall to floor glass feature doors and windows
• Celestial windows are strategically placed on the northern aspect of the vaulted ceilings beaming in soft natural light
• Character filled beams sourced from the Newstead Wharfs support the Oregon timber ceilings
• There is a cosy fire place in the formal lounge, taking in the stunning mountain and valley views, plus a built in Duran timber office and a wonderful, custom-made round lead light window
• Timber stairs leading from the living area to the formal lounge were sourced from the original Maleny bridge
• A second living area also features a curved sunset inspired lead light feature window
• Duran timber kitchen with gorgeous views, Ilve wall oven, gas cooktop, Dishlex dishwasher and solid timber tops
• 3 Bedrooms all with built ins, two with vaulted ceilings and stone feature walls
• Large master with gorgeous mountain views, builtin cupboards and timber shutters. The ensuite features a gorgeous silky oak window with coloured vintage glass, blue pearl granite tops sourced from South America and bespoke Duran cabinetry
• Main bathroom is cleverly designed with three separate spaces, a bath and shower, separate toilet and separate large vanity with Chillago gold marble bench tops
• Outside entertainment area overlooking the valley and mountains with views also back toward Maleny
• Covered porch and verandah off the entry plus a single car port with undercover access to the home
• Ample rain water, garden shed and chicken run, 8 avocado trees plus citrus
• 3.5 acres fenced into two paddocks
• Sealed road access with remote gates on entry
Stone pathway from the home leads to the gorgeous studio at the gated driveway entry which features –
• Constructed from Blue Stone sourced from the Hovard Quarry
• Arched windows throughout from the old St Martins operating theatre in Brisbane
• Gantry, built in benches, concrete floor plus underground concrete water tank
• Sliding barn doors welcome you into this inspiring and creative space
• Could be used for an artists studio, studio apartment (subject to council approval)
• 7 mins to Maleny, 10 mins to Montville
• 8km to Landsborough train station
• 1 hour to Brisbane airport
• 25 mins to the Sunshine Coast beaches
Truly a home steeped in love and history. The owner has created this piece of paradise and is reluctantly offering it for sale for the first time.
Make sure you click on the video link to enjoy a walk-through tour of this lovely home. From this 3D tour you can measure spaces, wall heights, fridge space etc.
Don’t hesitate, call Susan or Dee today to book your inspection ……. before it is gone!
*All information contained herein is gathered from sources we deem to be reliable. However we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information and interested persons should rely on their own enquiries*
Property Code: 158