'Black Mountain' is a stylish property perfectly positioned between the desired towns of Scone and Murrurundi. This is rural lifestyle at its best!
Location: The property is 10km north of Scone, approx. 3 hours north of Sydney and 1.5 hours south of Tamworth.
Area: 67.48 hectares / 166 acres
- Beautiful two-storey, 6 bedroom country homestead.
- Downstairs boasts a large kitchen with pantry and dining room, three living areas (two with slow combustion fireplaces), bathroom, laundry, three bedrooms and an office.
- Upstairs has three generous sized bedrooms and a bathroom with shower, toilet and vanity.
- Ducted air conditioning throughout along with gas heating in two of the living rooms.
- Verandas on two sides of the house
- Landscaped gardens
- Double size carport attached to the house
- Huge heritage shearing shed approx. 650m2 in area dating back to the 1890's by the Bakewell Brick family. This amazing shed had 7 shearing stands, 4 of which are still working and a large number of pens.
- 15m x 9m hayshed
- Huge set of timber cattle yards with the main race having a head bale and the second calf race has a cradle.
- 14m x 5m machinery shed and a 4m wide awning that needs propping up.
- Old shearers quarters with the remains of an old kitchen and living area.
- Grain silo (approx. 30 tonne)
- Second dwelling on the property that is in a non-liveable state
Services: Includes electricity connection to house and shearing shed, mobile telephone reception over the property. School bus is available from Parkville to Scone for primary and secondary schools. Mail deliveries are provided 3 times a week.
Country: The property runs from Mareeba Rd gently sloping to some low rolling hillside. The soils are red to brown basalt soil and the timber comprises mostly of box and gum trees.
Water: The property has 3 dams and a bore supplying a holding tank which then gravity feeds to troughs. The property also has a 5 megalitre aquifer licence - WAL 30244.
Stocking Rate: In an average season the property would run approx. 50 trade cattle or 25 cows and calves.
Rainfall: Rainfall is an average 24" per annum or 600mm.
Fencing: The property is fenced throughout, and it is split into 6 main paddocks.
For further information, please contact your exclusive selling agent, Hamish Firth at Nutrien Harcourts Scone on 0417 542 490 or 02 6545 1377.