Known as 'Lathomi' in reference to the local stonecutter's cottage originally on site, this double storey Victorian terrace c.1883 is immersed in a vibrant and ultra-convenient location with Darby Street, Civic Park, and the art gallery just 90 metres away.
Period features are ever-present throughout the beautiful interior with an arched front window, multiple French doors opening to wrap-around verandahs on both levels, pressed metal ceilings, and three fireplaces providing a glimpse into its period soul. A striking rear extension, contemporary updates to the kitchen and main bathroom, and a full interior repaint are a celebration of modern living. And when you are ready to take living outdoors, the rear north facing courtyard with established garden is a delightfully private spot to relax or entertain alfresco.
Move straight into this connected urban address, leave the car at home and explore your new neighbourhood on foot including the harbour, beaches, sought-after schools and the light rail.
- Both ground floor and upper storey have two bedrooms, living space and bathroom
- Upper storey also has contemporary open plan kitchen/dining flowing out to rear courtyard
- Kitchen features stainless-steel benches, European appliances including 6-burner gas stove and microwave/combi oven, dishwasher and integrated fridge/freezer
- Split system a/c downstairs, ducted a/c and gas heating upstairs, ceiling fans throughout
- 3.12 kw solar electricity panels
- Double gates at side of property allow for off-street parking
- Views over Cooks Hill and Civic Park from upper level verandah
- 250m to Newcastle East Public school and 700m to Newcastle Grammar
* This information has been prepared to assist solely in the marketing of this property. While all care has been taken to ensure the information provided herein is correct, we do not take responsibility for any inaccuracies. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify the information.